The National Center for Access to Justice will host “The Launch of the Justice Index”, a one hour early evening event at 5pmCST/6pmEST in the Red Lacquer Ballroom at the Palmer House Hotel in Chicago, llinois, alongside the ABA/NLADA Equal Justice Conference. All are welcome to attend, snacks and beverages will be served.
The Event – On May 11, 2016, the Justice Index 2016 will go live at www.justiceindex.org with a launch event in Chicago! You are invited.
The Purpose – Learn in person about the Justice Index 2016. Talk to the people who are responsible for it. Ask questions. Watch the demonstration.
The Findings – See the Justice Index findings about the best policies for access to justice that are present or absent in your state. See your state’s rankings.
The Speakers – Hear experts from government, the bar, the courts, and NCAJ talk about the role of the Justice Index in advancing the access to justice movement by prompting reform:
- David Udell, Executive Director & Jamie Gamble, Senior Attorney, National Center for Access to Justice at Cardozo Law School
- Karen Lash, Executive Director, White House Legal Aid Interagency Roundtable, and Deputy Director, Office on Access to Justice, U.S. Department of Justice
- Christine Stoneman, Acting Chief, Federal Coordination and Compliance Section, Civil Rights Division, US Department of Justice
- Bob Glaves, Executive Director, The Chicago Bar Foundation
- Danielle Hirsch, Assistant Director of the Civil Justice Division, Administrative Office of the Illinois Courts
- Erika Rickard, Access to Justice Coordinator, Massachusetts Trial Court
The News – The Justice Index 2016 is stronger, bigger, faster and better than before. It is a carefully researched, comprehensively sourced, rigorously presented, on-line data-intensive resource for learning about and replicating selected best policies for assuring civil access to justice. It is a product of the National Center for Access to Justice at Cardozo Law School in collaboration with its many partners.
If you have questions (or if you are a reporter) email firstname.lastname@example.org